Skip to main content

CF Open 13.1


​​
My February was not an awesome display of things gone right. My Feb actually sucked. In February, I sliced my fingertip so it was hanging on by a sliver of skin, my grandmother died and we didn’t get to travel to see her, I averaged four hours of sleep a night (I’m a nine hour person), I realized I was living off of coffee and energy drinks, paleobaby started climbing, and I really missed my husband (REALLY). I’m glad it is over and we’re well into March. First, March is a great month because good people are born in March (namely – me). Second, March is when St Patty’s day is and Americans get to bastardize another country’s holiday. I love watch as people use this one day out of the entire year to suddenly proclaim their pride of being Irish. Although, I’m fairly certain real Irish people are proud to be Irish on a days also not related to St Patrick’s day. Good ol’ March.


I would love to get caught up in griping about how horrible a month February was for me, but that's not entirely blogworthy L As the guys here move into Mustache March, I move into the Crossfit Open time. I told myself this time would be for fun. I’m having a hard time with that. I have no time to train, no time to fuel correctly, and have thrown recovery out the window. I’m fit, but far from competition ready. It’s been challenging to just do a workout and be happy I did it. Today, I looked at my score for 13.1. It’s not the best. It’s not what I wanted. I hate that feeling of falling short. I’m not sure where I could have saved time. I was pretty beat down at the end so I’m not sure where I could have pushed it more. I just have a feeling that I could have done something to get a better score. That DID make me happy. I’d rather be perplexed at that instead of being angry that I was too cautious or too afraid to push the intensity.

Going through this I realize there are things I could have done to improve my score. Things like sleeping and eating. Things I know aren’t going to be coming my way for awhile. When I got home from the gym after doing 13.1, paleobaby decided he really didn't need a nap…for the rest of the day. He finally got to bed and I was in the middle of chores thinking about doing 13.1 on Sunday. I looked at the clock. It was 0330. I have no right to think such things after being up that long and still having some time to go. By the time I woke up, thoughts of doing 13.1 again were gone. I may not have the just-be-happy-with-it mentality, but at least I can call my own BS in times of need.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dream Planning Realization #1

For quite some time, I could tell my life has been slipping away from me. Not in that dying sort of way, at least not physically. However, I have sunken more into my work in the name of having a better life and all I have to show for it is - more work. Not exactly the way I thought I'd be digging myself out of the work hole. It isn't that I view my work as a hole and am unhappy with it. I love my jobs. I do. And that's part of the problem. They give me a means to meet other needs, while still being pretty darn likable. So I don't realize when I need to pull back to focus on the other things in my life. You know about the other things - friends, family, health, wellness. Things. Example - I work to earn money so I can take my family on trips to neat places. I have worked. I have made money. We haven't gone anywhere. For the past few years, my brother has been living in different places and it wasn't until recently that we ventured out his way for a visit. We m…

I'm Still Alive

Really. I am. Go figure the moment I have time to write something is the moment it all leaves me. I've been keeping a notebook to write things down throughout the day. It's done wonders for my shopping lists, my "to Google later" list, and my WTF Why Not list. Totally forgot about the blogging though. In the mean time, let me tell you that I'm still me. I've spent more time working than working out and I'm fighting to find my way through it all. I'll let you know how it goes. So far, I've identified my shortcomings: the office candy dish, lack of better options, not going to bed earlier, and straying off tasks. Stay tuned for what the hell I do to find myself back to my sane spot...

Beauty of things

I will miss Michelle Obama. She was classy and beautiful despite what the Facebook trolls would have you believe. She was an accomplished woman with a legal career before she stepped foot in the White House. She could be formal and she could dance the Dougie. She sang Carpool Karaoke and she spoke eloquently during official functions. She cared about the health of the youth of this nation. I was touched by how grounded she was and inspired by her achievements as a person, wife, and mother. I expected to read nasty comments by Facebook trolls, but I wasn’t ready to personally experience hearing negativity about her. The blatant comparison of her to a primate was ridiculous. Absolutely, ridiculous. If there is any animal to compare her to, it is a unicorn. While that comparison was as in-your-face as it could be, others were not. Beauty/class has returned to the White House. I heard that a few times. You can veil your disrespect as much as you like, but it’s quite easy to pull that on…